March 9, 2016 Breakfast Meeting Announcement
Helping Clients Understand Portfolio Risk After a Long Bull Market
Presented by Aladin Abughazaleh
The purpose of the program is to introduce some risk oversight concepts and techniques that go beyond the current practice of most advisors. Another important goal is to help advisors to think about portfolio risk in a way that is both structured and actionable and to understand how making broad assumptions can limit their perception of potentially rare but severe downside outcomes.
- Develop a high-level understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of some commonly used risk modeling techniques and develop a healthy skepticism about finding a single "correct" answer.
- Understand the reasoning for multi-model approach since no single risk modeling technique is likely to perfectly fit all portfolios and instrument types in all market environments.
- Develop critical thinking skills that can help an advisor better understand when a portfolio mix may not be reflecting the risk tolerance of a client.
- Understand how risk, for certain types of portfolios, could materially fluctuate between scheduled clients meetings and how to engage with clients about that reality.
- Learn how structured thinking and continual evaluation of risk can help clients stay on plan and minimize the impact of emotions when thinking about, and reacting to, low probability but high impact events.
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Location: Arizona Inn
2200 E. Elm St, Tucson, AZ, 85719
FPA of Southern AZ
Members $20 / Guests $30
Registration and Breakfast 7:15 AM
Speaker will speak 7:45 AM -9:30 AM - two hours of CFP CE
RSVP to Gerry Oldenski by Friday,
March 4, 2016 at
Office Hours:Mon-Thurs: 9:00AM - 5:00PMFri: 9:00AM - 1:00PMPhone: 480-483-9035Fax: 480-922-5283
Connect with Us!
Website Development by Financier SEO - a digital marketing agency focused on helping financial advisors and planners excel with digital campaigns. We are proud of our ongoing relationship with FPA of Greater Phoenix.
Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved