Welcome 2018 FPA of Greater Phoenix Leadership Team
Invitation to our Leadership Team Orientation
Please RSVP - NEW: We are learning how to set up a simple "1 click" option for RSVP's. Not sure I've quite got it right here - please let us know how your RSVP process went.
Orientations are most effective in person - calling in rather than attending misses much of the intended value. This is one of the very few times annually that committee and board members are in the same place, at the same time, with the same agenda. This is a huge team-building opportunity - which always works best in person.
You will receive a confirmation email with additional detail a few days ahead of the orientation. Until then, a few quick details:
- Plan to arrive any time between 6:40 am and 7 am.
- This location is in Old Town Scottsdale, near 5th Ave and Craftsman Court.
- Parking is plentiful and free for 3 hours on the street directly in front of our building.
- We start promptly at 7 am, and will conclude by 9:55 am.
- Bagels, Fruit, and Coffee will be available on site in the conference room.
- You will receive a request from some Orientation preparation work; my target is 30 minutes of your time ahead of our gathering.
Note: Our orientations always vary from year to year, and are part Orientation, and part Training and Skills development, so that those who attended the prior year aren't receiving the same information multiple times.
This year, FPA is also conducting (new) an orientation to FPA, via webinar, scheduled for Dec 7th. See below for details.
Our orientation is being planned purposefully to leverage and build upon what FPA is covering - not at all redundant with our material.
To be fully prepared and on-boarded into your leadership role, you will want to watch the FPA Orientation, if not on the 7th, then at some time in December via the recorded webinar, to be sure that you have the FPA national context as well as our local chapter context in mind for the year ahead.
Prepare for a Successful 2018 Term
You’ve likely approved your 2018 slate by now. Share your experience from the past year with new board members to ensure they are ready for next year. And, be sure to join us December 7 at 1 pm EST for an FPA Chapter Board Orientation via Adobe Connect.