SVP / Senior Wealth Management Advisor
Regular Full Time
Apply at bell.bank/jobs
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide a high level of service, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Bell Bank is one of the nation’s largest independently owned banks. Founded in 1966 in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $8 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in Arizona, Minnesota and North Dakota. Bell has empowered more than $17 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top bank and a top financial workplace by American Banker, Forbes andFortune.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position is to serve as a Wealth Management Advisor in the Wealth Management Division by effectively managing the delivery of superb wealth management and financial planning services to clients. This position focuses on business development, comprehensive financial planning, and relationship management for clients and prospects, working in conjunction with the internal team (Wealth Management Advisors, Wealth & Fiduciary Advisors, Bell Investments Wealth Advisors, Portfolio Managers, Retirement Plan Consultants, Bell Insurance Agents, as well as Commercial and Private Bankers). This professional will also collaborate with clients and their external advisors such as attorneys and CPAs.
· Bell Bank Wealth Management Advisors are responsible for maintaining and growing existing relationships and leading in the development of new client relationships.
· Duties include managing the delivery of wealth management services to the client. This will involve maintaining regular and proactive communication with the client, and working in consultation with the client’s other advisors.
· Community involvement and professional networking are encouraged and expected in order to foster strong relationships.
· Wealth Management Advisors have a broad and deep understanding of sophisticated financial planning and investment strategies.
· Gathering financial information and preparing presentations for prospect and client meetings.
· Collaborating with team members regarding client service needs and investment management.
· Participating in the monitoring of client accounts regarding asset allocation and cash flow needs.
· Preparing for, conducting and following up regarding client meetings, including:
- Involvement in all aspects of pre-client meeting activities such as preparing meeting agendas, running reports, gathering client data, generating financial plans and making client recommendations.
- Leading and/or participating in client meetings to present our capabilities, financial plans and recommendations to clients and prospects.
- Involvement in all post-client meeting tasks such as generating and executing (where applicable) action items and following up until complete.
· Conduct research and analysis with regard to client financial goals.
· Partner with the client service team to coordinate the servicing of investment accounts, follow through on recommendations, the completion of financial transactions and the information needed for performance reports.
· Maintain a high level of compliance standards at all times.
· Adhere to the CFP Board’s new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct at all times.
· Develop high touch client relationships through creating and presenting comprehensive financial plans, monitoring project timelines and collaborating with client advisory team.
· Monitoring and following up on execution of transactions and completion of client projects.
· Coordinating financial information with client fiduciaries, attorneys, CPAs, etc.
· Performing additional tasks as needed including back office, operational, and administrative tasks related to the servicing of client relationships.
· Supervise the Wealth Management Advisor.
· Know by name and face as many customers and employees as possible, calling them by name as often as possible.
· Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom line.
· Conduct activities consistent with established Bell Bank policies, procedures and systems, the Bell Bank Employee Conduct policies, the Bank Secrecy Act and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
· All employees are responsible for information security, including compliance with policies and standards which protect sensitive information.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. and minimum of 5 years’ experience in serving high net worth and/or institutional clients
- Experience with sophisticated financial planning techniques and wealth management software
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation required
- Highly proactive with attention to detail, dependable, and extremely organized
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent problem solving, math and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with others in a constantly changing work environment
- Self-motivated, detail and quality oriented
- Due to the nature of this position, must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A “can do” attitude with ability to work well in a team environment and take ownership of tasks and deliverables, and is generally flexible and adaptive, willing to do whatever is needed to provide best in class client service.
- A thirst for learning and knowledge, with the willingness and desire for career growth in a rapidly expanding wealth management firm.