This role provides support to financial advisors through trading and money movement, and business processing. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - May change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
· Trading and money movement in client accounts.
· Completion of forms and applications for client and advisor signature.
· Depositing of checks and stock certificates.
· Investment research using MorningStar Advisor Workstation.
· Performing other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisors and senior staff.
Back Office Advisor Support Duties - May change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
· Researching and answering questions for clients, if requested and as allowable, related to the servicing of their accounts.
· Review and update client information as needed for client meeting. Attending and participating in client meetings if necessary.
· Managing and resolving client service problems.
· Effective communication with clients and other advisor/staff
Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner:
· Direct attention to detail and organization
· Thorough understanding of investment account types (managed vs brokerage) and tax treatment distinctions among various account types
· Knowledgeable regarding features, distinctions and relative strengths of product types, including but not limited to: mutual funds, ETFs, UITs, annuities, CEFs, REITs, BDCs, private placements, term and cash value life insurance, disability, long-term care and hybrid insurance
· Effective and efficient time management
· Polite and clear phone manner and e-mail composition
· Ability to multi-task
· Adherence to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial, regulatory agencies
· Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the practice
· Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
Education and Other Designations:
· 2+ years of similar experience
· Preferably has the following licenses - Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses
Pay: $17.00 - $28.00 per hour Job Type: Full-time
Please email your resume to: