Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Finance, Financial Planning (open to all ranks). The position provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, teaching methodologies, current technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the disciplines of finance.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based on our Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ. This is a 9-month position and will have an anticipated start date of August 1st, 2021.
- Creates a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board registered program including receiving initial accreditation from the CFP Board.
- Develops CFP related coursework including a Test Preparation Capstone course.
- Maintains ongoing CFP Board accreditation.
- Develops and supports business relationships and corporate sponsorships related to the field of Financial Planning.
- Assists students with careers in Financial Planning.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate and graduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of financial planning and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains four course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes.
- PhD in Financial Planning or related business discipline is preferred or MBA/Financial Planning graduate degree.
- CFP Certification - currently meets the Certified Financial Planner Board's initial and ongoing requirements.
- Previous experience in developing and managing a CFP Board registered program is preferred; to include creating the coursework to fulfill the requirements of CFP certification.
- Post-secondary experience teaching Financial Planning courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in the field of Financial Planning is required.
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (i.e., economics, accounting, etc.) is a plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCU’s staff or faculty expectations as part of the application process.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.
Click Here to
Share this Job
Posted 18 Days Ago